[ˈpè̝tə́ɾ ˈjúɾɡə̀ts]Leiden University Centre for Linguistics
2300 RA Leiden
I am a researcher at the Leiden University Centre for Linguistics. My research interests fall within theoretical phonology. I am particularly interested in feature theory, assimilation, loanwords, tone, and Slavic languages.
The most convenient way to reach me is by email at email@example.com
- Starting in January 2014, I will be an Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto Department of Linguistics. Read about it on the department blog.
- I will present Lapsed Derivations: Ternary Stress in Harmonic Serialism at the upcoming Manchester Phonology Meeting (with Francesc Torres Tamarit).
- My paper Two types of parasitic assimilation appeared in the current issue of Nordlyd.
- My review of Rachel Walker's Vowel Patterns in Language appeared in the current issue of Phonology.
- On March 4, 2013, I presented my current project, The Phonology of Slovenian, in the Linguistic Circle at the University of Ljubljana.
- I have been awarded a Rubicon grant by The Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO). I just started working on the project The Phonology of Slovenian at the Leiden University Centre for Linguistics. Read about it here, here, and here. The project page is available here.
- On October 25, 2012, I presented Licensed Alignment at the University of Chicago.
- On October 19, 2012, I presented Morphology Affects Loanword Phonology at the 43rd Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society (NELS), which is organized by the City University of New York (CUNY).
- On September 12, 2012, I presented my work at the CASTL Decennium Event in Tromsø.
- On September 8, 2012, I gave a talk at the 2012 Morphology Meeting at Leiden University.
- I coorganized (with Marko Simonović) the workshop Loanwords as Evidence in Formal Linguistics at the 45th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea in Stockholm [August 31–September 1].
- On May 24, 2012, I presented Morphological Locality at the 20th Manchester Phonology Meeting. [handout] [poster]
- On May 5, 2012, I presented Autosegmental Phonology 2.0 at the 7th North American Phonology Conference (NAPhC7) in Montreal.
- On January 21, 2012, I presented Two types of parasitic assimilation at the 9th Old World Conference in Phonology (OCP9) in Berlin.
- I taught two courses (Intro to OT and Assimilation) at the 2011 EGG Summer School. The handouts are available here.
- My dissertation Feature Spreading 2.0: A Unified Theory of Assimilation is now available on Lingbuzz.
- My squib Disjunctive Lexical Stratification appeared in the Winter 2010 issue of Linguistic Inquiry.
- In the Spring 2013 semester, I am teaching a graduate course in Phonology at the University of Nova Gorica. More information is available on the course website (Slovenian).
- I have previously taught at Leiden University, Rutgers, University of Tromsø, University of Nova Gorica, and Indiana University Bloomington. For details, see my CV.